Indoor wood wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capetownkg

Oct 31, 2012
Southern Maryland
Maybe this is the way I can convince my wife to let me stack wood in the house...
uploadfromtaptalk1378494121823.jpg

Seriously though I do like the flush inserts flanking the fireplace for wood storage wish I could do that for my fireplace.

Kinda like this photo/ad in a Pottery Barn catalog. Although I myself would never store wood like this inside my house.

PBphoto.jpg

Last edited:
I can't speak for anyone else, but if that wood came from my stacks, they'd have one very serious spider problem in that house.

Same here. To put my wife at ease I would have to scrape all the bark and probably set them all up and blow them clean with the leaf blower lol

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
It really looks nice stacked around that gas fireplace.==c

Powserpost beetles, possible termites, although unlikely, spiders grubs and any
Thing. Won't put my wood in the house!

I stack some by the basement window, not 10 feet from the stove. Then i just open the window to get some. Quite handy,leave the bugs outside.

My uncle made a partial room partition using debarked firewood, his burning supply extends out from it. That along with the handmade lodge pole railings for his stairs and balcony, and non structural girders made with native trees from his property make for a very impressive interior.

Reactions: Trooper
My uncle made a partial room partition using debarked firewood, his burning supply extends out from it. That along with the handmade lodge pole railings for his stairs and balcony, and non structural girders made with native trees from his property make for a very impressive interior.
Sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.