Inferno Pellets 199 at Big Y supermarket......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there will be much excitement over "Inferiors" until either that price goes way down, or the quality of the product goes way up, compared to last year.

the big y in east windsor ct has a sign next to a ton of inferno's that say's "great deal 5.99 a bag ".

they are everywhere.south shore seems to be flooded with infernos.saw 2 deliveries sitting in peoples driveways yester,local aubochons carry them now as do a number of local gardening centers.will check on the prices and post them but they're notfor me.had a bad experience with the crap last season

local BigY has a sign for $229/ton.

With all the work to move wood pellets and the room it takes to store them, along with the fact that the employees probably have no idea what they are used for I can't believe we have grocery, gas station and pharmacy's selling them. Just my .02

aubochon in norton selling at $229 also.sale goes till july 26th.where are inferno made.i heard it was in rhode island

corkman said:
.....where are inferno made.i heard it was in rhode island

You are correct. But at that price, I wouldn't even give them a 2nd thought.

you meant not even a 1st thought....lol

not a chance i'd put those in my new stove.was just asking cause they are all over the place lately.i still hav 25 bags of dragon mtn and can get hamers and barefoot @ $250.thats a no brainer

corkman said:
aubochon in norton selling at $229 also.sale goes till july 26th.where are inferno made.i heard it was in rhode island

The old Narragansett pellet mill in East Providence. Owned by NER (New England Recycling) Part of the G Lopes Company

well now, I don't live too far from Southampton and $199 seems like a good price..but those pellets are crap eh? What's the going rate for a ton of a semi-decent brand at this late stage in summer, this year? (western MA area)

I'm seeing $249/ton on signs around here when I casually look. Have to get cracking and get my pellets for this winter ...was hoping price would come down but honestly haven't been paying attention...is this the average/going rate? Sheesh.

Pelletsales hasn't offered a deal on delivery this year so I won't go with them unless/until they do.

smwilliamson said:
corkman said:

The old Narragansett pellet mill in East Providence. Owned by NER (New England Recycling) Part of the G Lopes Company

They own em?! I thought the guy that owns J&J Matl did..

Just great :-S ....
I was hopin NER would go back to selling the good stuff. I have been buying pellets from them for years but skipped
over them this year because all they had was the Infernos.

if big y had the pellets at buy 1 get 2 free maybe more people would be buying them lol.

requin said:
....I'm seeing $249/ton on signs around here when I casually look. Have to get cracking and get my pellets for this winter ...was hoping price would come down but honestly haven't been paying attention...is this the average/going rate? Sheesh........

If you can find some quality pellets at that price (Oakies, Barefoot, Hamers, Dragon Mtn., etc, etc), then I'd say grab them. Otherwise, average or below average pellets should be much less than that, IMO.

Any word on the quality of this years NEW AND IMPROVED Inferno Pellets, They have them close to me but I can't just buy a couple of bags to see how they burn, I don't want to roll the dice and buy a ton.

When I've searched these pellets I read about how they promised that this years pellets would be improved but would appreciate a first hand account by someone here that has their hands on some of these.

administrator said:
...... I don't want to roll the dice and buy a ton.........

Smart move. I would wait until you can either get a few bags to test burn, or you start seeing positive reports about them on this forum.

Personally, I have my doubts....... :p

administrator said:
Any word on the quality of this years NEW AND IMPROVED Inferno Pellets, They have them close to me but I can't just buy a couple of bags to see how they burn, I don't want to roll the dice and buy a ton.

When I've searched these pellets I read about how they promised that this years pellets would be improved but would appreciate a first hand account by someone here that has their hands on some of these.
Is your moniker admin? Hahah I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.