Information on a Discontinued Stove/Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 2, 2010
Central Jersey
I recently acquired a wood/coal unit made by the Nordic Stove Division of American Road Equipment. The thing weighs a ton and appears to be in great shape. It seems the manufacturer is no longer in business and in spite of hours on the internet, I cannot find any information, manuals, etc. The serial number is EC-0063 and model number (I believe) is N-932.063. I plan on installing in my basement, but prior to contacting the town for a permit, I'd like to educate myself and ensure I have all the necessary parts and specs. Does anyone have any information, contacts, etc.? Most dealers have never heard of this make.

Since you described the unit as a Stove / insert, I've moved the thread to the Hearth Room as that is where the stove folks tend to hang out... If it's really a furnace or boiler, say so and we can move it back...

(Photos might help on this...)

Given that it's a wood / coal unit, there are also some coal burning forums that might also be potential info sources - note that if you can't get specs and a manual, you may well have trouble getting a permit to install the unit, especially if it doesn't list clearances and UL or equivalent listings on the label...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.