Information on a SOCA Nordica Diamant Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paredown

Burning Hunk
Jan 11, 2009
Lower Hudson New York
This is one of those puzzles that led me down the rabbit hole--a posting for a decently priced medium sized insert for sale for what seems like an excellent price.

From the pictures I can read a "Nordica" label; on the door of the insert the EPA sticker says "Industries SOCA Inc" and "Diamant" for model name.
I found one manual online for a "Diamound" (also tagged with SOCA Montreal and Nordica):

(Neither of the web sites noted on the manual page will load for me...)

I found one youtube video of a Diamant free-standing stove (not insert) in French from 2012 that looks to be similar construction as the insert advertised (and disabused me of my original notion that it might be another SBI product):

And i can find no other information about the stove--and it does not appear to be anything like the Euro designs currently offered by La Nordica, nor can I find the company/stove in the current or old EPA searchable data base.

Anyone have any information about this stove and/or supplier?

Diamant.jpg diamound_insert_Page_01.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like an unsuccessful product launch and now an orphaned product. I find no record of it in the EPA database.

Reactions: paredown
And I suspect if you haven't heard anything about it, it's like it never existed! :)

(The seller looks like a pro in the stove biz--so I'll try to pick his brains about it. )

Thanks for the confirmation about the EPA db--at least I wasn't doing it wrong...

Nordica is (was?) a well-known line. I thought it was made by Sopka out of Serbia. However, the sopkainc.com website is now dead. So is the Soca Industries website. Maybe the company failed? Maybe call a dealer to see what happened to this line.

Reactions: paredown
This is one of those puzzles that led me down the rabbit hole--a posting for a decently priced medium sized insert for sale for what seems like an excellent price.

From the pictures I can read a "Nordica" label; on the door of the insert the EPA sticker says "Industries SOCA Inc" and "Diamant" for model name.
I found one manual online for a "Diamound" (also tagged with SOCA Montreal and Nordica):

(Neither of the web sites noted on the manual page will load for me...)

I found one youtube video of a Diamant free-standing stove (not insert) in French from 2012 that looks to be similar construction as the insert advertised (and disabused me of my original notion that it might be another SBI product):

And i can find no other information about the stove--and it does not appear to be anything like the Euro designs currently offered by La Nordica, nor can I find the company/stove in the current or old EPA searchable data base.

Anyone have any information about this stove and/or supplier?

View attachment 321691 View attachment 321692

Hey @paredown , I was looking for some replacement part for this exact same stove online and I find your post.

Yes this is exactly my stove. I bought it in 2005 for a new house. This stove is a beast and I like it alot.

Cheer! :)