insert question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehawk

Sep 4, 2009
East TN
We are going to get an insert and have one question (did a search and did not find anything), we have a pre fab fireplace by the way. My question is when measuring for the minimum clearances I am good everywhere but the depth. Are you supposed to measure the inside of the box with the firebrick panels in or out? It looks like I am going to be 5/8" short on the depth with the panel in but if I could remove the back panel that would give me an extra inch. We are looking at the PE Pacific insert. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Those panels should stay in when you install any insert. Can the surround be adjusted if it sits out on the hearth an extra inch?

The surround on a PE insert cannot be moved back but you can add a 1" pc of metal to the back side of the trim to fir it out.

great thanks guys, may end up getting a Lopi Revere went and looked at one this morning and really liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.