1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. kettensäge

kettensäge Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    N.E. PA.
    Nice new forum. Being a long time lurker but relatively new member, what exactly determines whether a stove (or insert) is pre EPA? Pretty sure my insert was new in '89.
    It has no automatic air supply or damper controls. There is a simple slide in/out baffle that loosely blocks the opening to the flue, and 2 trapdoor type air infeed controls on the bottom of the doors. These can be adjusted by turning a threaded knob in or out. Has a factory installed blower, and the front trim is integral to the insert, not add on, 6.5 cu ft. firebox, (25X25X18).
    No air wash, No idea on BTU rating but I would guess close to 80K?

Pretty sure this is pre EPA.

Can someone post EPA type stove attributes (or non EPA attributes) for future reference as somene like myself may not know?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    The idea, as in this thread (BBs link) , is to provide info on who made these stoves, etc.....BB did just that in his answer!

Generic questions, comments, etc. are still fine in the Hearth Room....wood questions in the Wood Shed, etc......