Inside Campfire in July

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
So yesterday my wife's grandfather passed away. It has been hot and muggy for weeks on end, but yesterday evening it dropped below 60 and was quite cool. My wife asked to have a quiet campfire outside, but it was raining. So call me crazy, we had an inside campfire in the middle of July. I opened up the damper on the open living room fire place which we never use due to the stove in the basement and had a nice little inside campfire.... I was worried about not getting a good draw up the flu, but it worked out perfectly. I kept other windows in the house open, which drew the cool outside air in, and it warmed the living room up nicely without being over powering, while keeping the rest of the house cool. She was very happy, so was the dog.

IMG_6306.jpg

Sorry for your wife's loss. That was a nice warm gesture.

Reactions: Jay106n
So yesterday my wife's grandfather passed away. It has been hot and muggy for weeks on end, but yesterday evening it dropped below 60 and was quite cool. My wife asked to have a quiet campfire outside, but it was raining. So call me crazy, we had an inside campfire in the middle of July. I opened up the damper on the open living room fire place which we never use due to the stove in the basement and had a nice little inside campfire.... I was worried about not getting a good draw up the flu, but it worked out perfectly. I kept other windows in the house open, which drew the cool outside air in, and it warmed the living room up nicely without being over powering, while keeping the rest of the house cool. She was very happy, so was the dog.

View attachment 182075

Very thoughtful gesture. Definitely not crazy.

Reactions: Jay106n
Status
Not open for further replies.