Install help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattd81

Nov 21, 2007
ma
Well i worked on installing my wood stove all day It was very stressful. I did make some good progress but i need some ideas on how to finish?? I ran 6in stainless flex but i can't pull it more than 2 inches below the damper which i removed? It was very hard to run the flex because it was tight to began with and the chimney had quit a bend. I need to extend my stainless steel ovelised T 10 inches to connect it to the flex so it will line up to the back of my stove. I talked to my local dealer and he might be able to make me up a piece but it will take a week and it will cost allot. Its hard to get help because the shoppe is so buisy. I am sick of waiting. any ideas would be awsome. I do have some flex left over but i think it would be a bad idea to splice it????????

Instead of your dealer talk to a metal service supply company.

A sheet metal shop, like Jim said, will likely be able to make that piece in one to two days. I'd go that route. As for splicing the flex almost every flex manufacturer makes a connector so you can splice the two together no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.