1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Install Question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by clunk, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clunk

clunk Member

Loc:
    Eastern Ma
    I purchased a new pellet stove and am supposed to take delivery later this summer. I ordered the "standard install kit" which I'm told comes with 25 feet of chimney liner/exhaust vent piping. I measured from the floor of my fireplace to the top of my chimney to make sure this was enough liner. That measurement is about 23 feet. Do I have any reason to worry that 25 feet is not enough liner? I guess I'm not sure if any waste needs to be calculated into the mix. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ylomnstr

ylomnstr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
    I believe it depends on the code for where you live. The cap for your exhause most likely has to be a certain height above your roof. But there are variables like the pitch of your roof, windows, A frames, etc......I'd contact your building dept to make sure.
  3. clunk

clunk Member

Loc:
    Eastern Ma
    I'm assuming that the current chimney meets code. The plan is to do the standard install, where the liner would be capped about one foot above the top of the chimney.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.