Install update...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

theswampthing

Aug 25, 2013
Northeastern PA
Almost ready to do a break in burn. Got so excited I forgot to grout the slate, haha. Gonna do a double check on everything, go back and grout, and start the break in process per the el manual. Did all my research on the forum previously and everything went smoothly. So, thanks guys!

Please don't make fun of my stove, Vogelzang owners have feelings too. LOL

Install update...

I'd run another row of tile in front of that thing, or your going to have lots of ember burns on that nice wood floor.
Let us know how she burns & performs.

I was just looking at that stove yesterday. Let us know how it works out.

The hearth is not adequate. This stove requires an R=.59 insulation hearth. A layer of tile is not sufficient. In the least get a layer or two of Durock underneath that tile and make it adequately sized.

Last edited:
I figured I'd need to extend that tile as soon as I set the stove on. Figures. Thanks for the advise fellas!

Will do, begreen.

There's dura rock underneath. That's just a piece of laminate I have setting next to it to see if I like the color.

Sounds good. Hope this proves to be a nice stove for you. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.