Installation advice for Intrepid (1982)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MrDIY

Nov 16, 2023
Western Massachusetts
Was gifted a VC Intrepid (1982 back plate) with the intent to use in my 1915-1920s two story house. The house has a central fireplace that I haven't used before, but I've been on the roof, looked down the chimney and the tile appears clean and in good condition (from the top).

Looking for advice on adapting for use with the existing chimney (with liner) or install to an external wall with a dedicated pipe, pluses and minuses, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Started delving into the wealth of information on this site and appreciate any advice about an install or operating tips for this wood stove.

Cheers!