Installed Block Off Plate, 14" X 61" Insulate ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastdonzi

Feb 18, 2015
East TN
I Installed an Aluminum (.045" Thick) Block Off Plate, 14' X 61", it's about 2' above my stove. Do I need to insulate it? or I was thinking of a Reflective barrier... Any Need?? or is stopping the air from going up the Chimney enough?? Tks :)

Okay, You've talked me in to it... Tomorrow I'm gonna go buy Roxul at Lowes and put it Above the Block Off Plate... I Did wrap my 12" Exposed Pipe with some DEI Platinum Header Wrap... Looks Cool & should keep the Heat in the Pipe.. it's about 2 layers thick... Tks so much for your knowledge & Sharing of it... :)

Okay, I stuffed Roxul above the Blockoff plate. This thing should Kick Tail when the Cold sets in.... A Huge step above the Old Buck 27000 without a Blockoff plate. The only time it really Lagged was when it was below 25*- 20* during the day and teens at night, But we still had to leave it somewhat open and had to feed it often... I can Hardly wait :) Lol...

Oh Yeah, I Cut this Roxul with my EDC Kershaw, Then went to add salt to the softener, could hardly cut the Plastic on the salt bag, That Roxul is He!! on a knife....

With fully seasoned dry wood you should be set for a warm winter. Indoors at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.