1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Q&A Installing a Fan to Move Heat between two rooms?

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

QandA New Member Staff Member

Question:

My husband was wondering what would happen if we put a vent between the two walls near the ceiling and rigged some kind of fan to push some of the warm air from the living room into the kid's room. I thought that I read about some kind of pre-fabricated unit for doing this sort of thing but haven't been able to locate a distributor. Have you heard of anyone trying this? Are there any safety concerns? Any suggestions on moving the warm air into other parts of the house would be much appreciated.

Answer:

Yes, you have the right idea. I've used fans that were made for bath or kitchen exhaust and installed them in the ceiling..then installed a small duct from the output of the fan into the other rooms ceiling. There are also units that mount into walls - called room to room fans. make certain that you get a quiet one. I've seen them at electrical supply houses..but the simple ones might be at Home Depo, etc.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.