Installing a Jotul #4 Wood Burning in my basement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PiperMEH

Hearth Supporter
Sep 15, 2008
Northeastern PA
Greetings,

In order to help lower my heating bills this year; I am installing a Jotul #4 wood burning stove in my basement. I purchased the stove off a young gentleman for $100 buck. Seeing how everybody on this site seems to like Jotul, I feel I got a great buy.

I installed a straight run of Selkirk 6” double wall pipe from the basement through the roof. The stove itself has a 6 ¾ inside dimension for the opening at the top to attach the black stove pipe. My question is what adapter can I use to go from 6 ¾“ to 6”. I bought a 7” to 6” and the 7” was too big. I know the pipe needs to fit into the inside of the pipe so creosote does not leak out.

I know Jotul is Norwegian, should I be using a stove pipe that conforms to Metric? Do they make such a thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.