Installing a Tekmar 260

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed one on my own boiler, no hard evidence yet. Definately a more even heat. They say it works and it cost me $150 (left-over stock) so what the heck, lets give it a shot. Payback for me will be one year (if any) but it would be hard to justify a $700-800 install because I'm only burning about 1150 gallons/year.

dougcarlo said:
Can you tell me where I can get one for $150? I have only found them for $350 on the net.

Craigslist. Some one in Mass had two of them new in the box and shipped one to me for $150. You can find people taking them out as they upgrade to boilers that have inherent setback controls (buderus, weil mclain ultra) for cheap.

Neat little controls but I wish they would add multiple zone imputs to them as well. I'd like the tekmar to know whether I have one zone or 4 zones firing at once. Right now it can only tell it there's a call for heat or a call for DHW. I don't know how its going to react and what's going to happen to the reset curve when we get a cold snap down to 10 and all my thermostats start calling because I haven't built a fire before 3PM. I think that would help out with setback thermostats. They suggest you don't use setback, or if you do get smart ones that learn how long it recovery takes (luckily I bought them without knowing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.