Installing usstove model 6500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pajasonc

Dec 3, 2009
PA
Hi new to the forum and was wondering if any one could help with a problem I am having with installing my usstove model 6500 pellet furnace. I have a 6" hole in my basement wall 5 1/2' above my basement floor. I wanted to run a 90 cleanout then 4' of pipe out through a wall thimble to the outside. The problem I have is my ground level is 5 1/2' so I dont have the required 18" of ground clearance and the manual says I can only have a total of 180 in the install which I have getting the pipe to the outside. Any Ideas of how I can get another 18" of clearance? Would the furnace not get enough draft if I used 2 45 outside the house to get the extra height off the ground? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

run the extra two 90 elbows to get clearance and see if you notice an adverse effect, if so, do the 45 idea... otherwise, youre gonna have to cut thru the 1st floor, then go out....

Status
Not open for further replies.