Instructions for cleaning convection Blower on Pellet stove( enviro Windsor)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

castaned

Dec 7, 2011
metro boston

I have been instructed by someone on this site to clean the comnvection blower on my windsor/enviro stove. I consulted the manual but there are no instructions for cleaning this part of the stove. Can anyone tell me where i can find careful/visual instructions to do so?
Silvana

Hello

A while back I cleaned my convection and combustion blowers. I posted pics and showed what tools and things to use. This is not the same stove but most of the information and pics here should help you through it. :)

You should do the exhaust blower while your at it but you should have a gasket on hand for that one.
Generally you can reuse the convection blower gasket.

Yearly Cleaning Tips for your Pellet Stove

The Convection Fan (Blower) can be removed by removing 4 bolts and unclipping the two elctrical wires.

Wood Pellet Stove Yearly Cleaning - Convection Blower
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60351/

Wood Pellet Stove Yearly Cleaning - Exhaust Blower
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60251/

Good Luck
Hope this helps!

castaned,

There are no actual written/visual instructions for Convection or Combustion blower clean out.

But it is very easy to do.

http://www.enviro.com/images/manuals-brochures/owners-manuals/Windsor-Owners-Manual.pdf

Convection Blower is shown on Page 34 part # 32

If I looked a the correct manual for your stove the convection blower is located on the lower left corner of the stove (when you are facing it.
Basically unscrew the access panel on the lower left and get to the actual blower.
They are usually held in place with 2 bolts on one edge and a flange on the opposite side.
IIRC mine on my EF-2 are 7/16" bolts.
There are 2 wires with spade connectors that need to be pulled apart. I think they are 120VAC but I'd identify each with tape so you can replace them correctly.

Once the bolts and electric are pulled out the blower will separate from it's mounting gasket.
Be careful with the gasket (if you tear it it will need to be replaced)

Once out you should see a motor on one side and a plenum around a squirrel cage on the other.
If yours is like mine it will be full of dust and pet hair.

I use compressed air to blow out as much stuff (dust/hair) as I can.
I then spray the squirrel cage and motor with CRC Electric Contact Cleaner. (It won't harm the plastic)
I use a tooth brush to scrub the squirrel cage blades until clean.

Let dry (more air) and lubricate the motor (if needed)
My motor had two small holes to put 3 drops (only) of 20 weight oil. 3-1 Blue can.

After that re-install blower into stove and enjoy a quieter and clean unit.

Hope that helps.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.