Insulated Boots....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need steel toes,,,,so I wear "Muck" Boots. I only wear the "Arctics". I never have cold feet with them. I panicked after the first winter with them,,,that I would not be able to buy more when I wore them out, so I went and bought 2more pair. 4years later,,,still on first pair. $125 a pair.

The guys that wore those or similar rubber high tops when we were working in extreme cold put plastic baggies over their socks and swore by it. I never tried it. Anyone ?
Used to have to do that back when I was a kid. We used bread loaf bags over our socks, then put our shoes on, then our old black rubber buckle boots. Worked well. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Now I love my mickey mouse boots from the local army surplus store. About $65.00 You could have thin socks, wet socks, bare feet and those boots will keep your feet warm.
I love them.

Baffin boots. I have yet to find anything better. I've been wearing them for over ten years now.

+1. I've tried a lot of different boots over the years, and went out a spent a couple hundred of Baffin boots a few years ago. They're heavy enough I only wear them when I don't have to walk a ton, but then again, if I'm walking I don't need so much insulation anyway. They keep me warm if I'm standing still or in the tree stand, and they're comfortable.

The guys that wore those or similar rubber high tops when we were working in extreme cold put plastic baggies over their socks and swore by it. I never tried it. Anyone ?
Seems like a good way to get wet feet from trapped perspiration.

I would think the same, however reality trumps theory. Best test would be to try it.
Theory guides and experiment decides. I have done this, but not in really cold weather. In moderate weather- I had prunes for feet

Theory guides and experiment decides. I have done this, but not in really cold weather. In moderate weather- I had prunes for feet

All were very experienced all day outdoor workers. I just googled "plastic bags for cold feet". Lot's of entrees, but I don't have time for it right now. I'll catch up later!

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Status
Not open for further replies.