Insulating a liner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whphel

Hearth Supporter
Dec 18, 2007
Lake Stevens, WA
How do you insulate a single wall SS flex liner within a 15' exterior masonry chimny? Is there a sock wrap you can slide the liner into? I am planing my spring projects.

whphel said:
How do you insulate a single wall SS flex liner within a 15' exterior masonry chimny? Is there a sock wrap you can slide the liner into? I am planing my spring projects.

There is a wrap that is then wrapped in metal wire mesh.
You prolly have to pull the liner out to get it on though.

I figured I would need to pull the liner so thats fine. Does Lowes or HD carry this sort of thing or should I just go to my hearth store? Looking forward to making some changes for next winter to get more performance out of my stove.

Thanks for the quick reply!

There are other "brands" besides the Homesaver also FYI, but I have read in a catalog about the homesaver kit and it seems to come with everything you need. I think it comes with instructions as well. Many other brands you will just get a box of insulation and be expected to know what to do with it.

If you don't want to pull the liner, another option is the poured insulation.
Search Thermix on the board...

Thanks, Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.