1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Insurance Co. recommendation

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by gorsuchmill, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorsuchmill

gorsuchmill New Member

Loc:
    Central MD
    I'm looking to gasify and want to make sure an indoor boiler is OK with my insurance company. I'm checking with my agent right now, and if they say no I'll likely switch to a company that allows indoor boilers. My question is, if you have an indoor boiler, which company do you use?

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. free75degrees

free75degrees New Member

Loc:
    Boston Area
    I use Met. When I called them about installing a boiler they said that since I was already paying a 5% surcharge for my wood burning stove I was all set. In other words they allow them but charge an extra 5%.
  3. atlarge54

atlarge54 New Member

Loc:
    Hoosier
    I used to have an indoor woodburner and Farm Bureau Ins. didn't have a surcharge on a correct installation. Now I have an OWB and Wolverine Ins. They have a surcharge on any indoor installation. I'm in Indiana, don't know what's available in your location.
  4. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    I think mine is Kemper. They want to know about the heat source, but there's no surcharge or other requirements.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.