Insurance - Thermostatically Controlled Heat Requirement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good call on the mini splits begreen i think that would be the most cost effective solution to give air and heat

What are electric baseboard users doing for AC if they don't have duct work?

I have no ductwork, just electric wall heaters and a woodstove. Haven't had a house with AC since I was 12. We don't need that stuff around here and apparently neither did the previous owners of your house but if you insist on cooling and heating then the minisplits should be far cheaper to install and operate than a ducted system. Adding ducts is not something that I would want to do.

I only have a few window units. I do have oil hot water base boards as well but my father and many of our customers have no other heat source.

500$ tops. That stove is non-certified so illegal to buy, sell, install, and soon to even operate here in WA.

I would have the existing baseboard pressure checked for leaks and if they're fine then install a new NG boiler. I can't imagine a NG boiler plus install is more than $6-7K. Buy a couple window AC units if you really need them and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.