Interesting articles regarding Maine pellet industry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how his pellet venture is doing? anyone heard? I think they were selling Bosch pellet boilers and bulk hoppers..

What a bunch of bull!

$1.85 a gallon or wood pellets would have to rise to $540 a ton for the cost of the two fuels to be equal,” says William Bell, I think it's a little closer than that.

But the differences are impressively positive. The company estimates it can save the average Maine household $1,000 a year in heating costs,

Even with heating with just oil it doesn't cost me much more than $1300 a year to heat my house. Was the oil test house full of holes and the pellet test house supper insulated. come on! a $1000 savings?

summit said:
I wonder how his pellet venture is doing? anyone heard? I think they were selling Bosch pellet boilers and bulk hoppers..
The last I read and also heard him and listened to him speak was the cost for converting the average home over to his pellet boiler and associated equipment was $16,000 a little high for my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.