Interesting Looking CL Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Kinda neat design. Definitely looks sturdy. Wonder if you could get some secondary burn built into the upper box, but I'm afraid the gasses would be cooled off too much after going through those tubes. My biggest concern with the design is that having that separate box separate from the burn is likely to build a bunch of creosote up in a place where it can't be cleaned and then you'll eventually have it burn off and be a potential hazard.

Discuss.

Also have a great little wood burning stove I built several years ago and no longer need. Stove is freshly sandblasted and ready for paint. The dimensions are 16 1/2-3/4 X 36" high to the top of the fire box, which is designed to mimic a fire-tube boiler. This little guy puts out a huge amount of heat for a small amount fuel !! Fire box {upper 2/3} is made of 3/16 steel plate and will last forever, and retains heat long after wood is gone. Will be painting in the near future, probably within the next week or so it doesn't rust up. Just paid $80 for the sandblasting!

Sandblasted = $325 obo
Painted= $400 obo

Attachments

• 3n43m03ld5V15Q65R3aacd17ba0be41c31bc8.jpg
    3n43m03ld5V15Q65R3aacd17ba0be41c31bc8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 185
  • 3n53ma3l25Y65T55W6aacbb5ce0236b621afb.jpg
    3n53ma3l25Y65T55W6aacbb5ce0236b621afb.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 179
I once knew of a man who built something similar to this only on a much larger scale. He heated a huge garage with it and the garage was large enough to get several trucks inside to work on. It worked much better than I thought and I was never cold going into that garage even with temperatures below zero. The only basic difference was in size and seems I recall only 3 tubes going up into a barrel type top. He had been using this stove for 10 years (he said) when I found it. Like stated, for him it worked great and he could also put some pretty big logs into it so that no doubt helped a lot.

It should work, I think but I doubt there would be much to clean although it would be nice to have a door or two for that purpose just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.