interesting stove conversion on youtube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bergw

Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
york,pa
stove conversion

Looks like the fella dropped a WVO and a plate into an old pellet stove. I know this isn't exactly what you guys talk about in here, but it's an interesting thing to do.

if you check out this mothers waste oil heater i can see how it'd be fairly easy to modify a stove for use with it, say a coal stove for example. the coal would keep the plate hot enough to vaporize and burn the WVO. Might be able to knock down that coal bill a little. FOr me this is probably easier, since i have jogs of the stuff sitting here in my garage, maybe i should try to dig up a old used stove and give it a go as i'm a little less the excited about doing it to my brand new unit.

I thought the pellet making shots were pretty interesting
pellet making

But then I got into the wood brewtube and that was even more interesting:
brew making

Cooking with a Traeger pellet barbeque, I'm intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.