1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Intersting issue I found on the Lopi site

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by wg_bent, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Robbie

Robbie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East Tennessee- Great Smoky Mountains.
    Warren, I could be wrong, but I think one of those list are out of date. Can't remember which one but I am almost certain they don't make one or more of those stoves this year.

Just not for sure.............. :cheese:

Robbie
  3. seaken

seaken Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shokan, NY
    The Sheffield was discontinued last year. The web site hasn't caught up? Or maybe because its a "design" page?

Sean
  4. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    The Sheffield was Lopi's first shot at a cast iron wood stove. It had a steel firebox with a Cast Iron Berkshire body. It had a built in convection chamber and no ashpan. It's downside was the price due to the steel firebox. It's my understanding that sales were sluggish due to it's higher cost.
  5. seaken

seaken Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shokan, NY
    Yes, price combined with size. It was just too small of a firebox for the money. Heck, we're having a problem with Lopi competing with our Dutcwest line on price. Before the new DW Non-cat line the Lopi was selling well. But it is much more money and not enough better than the lower priced Dutchwest. We think the new Lyden will sell well, even against the VC and Harman. The other LOPI stoves are losing their charm. It used to be our best selling utility brand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.