Intersting issue I found on the Lopi site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren, I could be wrong, but I think one of those list are out of date. Can't remember which one but I am almost certain they don't make one or more of those stoves this year.

Just not for sure.............. :cheese:

Robbie

The Sheffield was Lopi's first shot at a cast iron wood stove. It had a steel firebox with a Cast Iron Berkshire body. It had a built in convection chamber and no ashpan. It's downside was the price due to the steel firebox. It's my understanding that sales were sluggish due to it's higher cost.

Shane said:
The Sheffield was Lopi's first shot at a cast iron wood stove. It had a steel firebox with a Cast Iron Berkshire body. It had a built in convection chamber and no ashpan. It's downside was the price due to the steel firebox. It's my understanding that sales were sluggish due to it's higher cost.

Yes, price combined with size. It was just too small of a firebox for the money. Heck, we're having a problem with Lopi competing with our Dutcwest line on price. Before the new DW Non-cat line the Lopi was selling well. But it is much more money and not enough better than the lower priced Dutchwest. We think the new Lyden will sell well, even against the VC and Harman. The other LOPI stoves are losing their charm. It used to be our best selling utility brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.