Introducing the Hearthstone Lincoln

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Hearthstone has a new kid on the block, the Lincoln model 8060. It's a box stove design that will compete with stoves like the Jotul 602v2, Morso 2b, VC Aspen C3, & Drolet Nano. They appear to have built the stove with tiny homes and spaces in mind with additional side and rear shielding options to get the clearances down. It would be nice if they offered a short-leg kit for it for fireplace installs. I haven't found a manual for it yet, but here are the specs.

Reactions: Grandpa Ray
What a handsome little stove! It appears to be lacking in output and efficiency compared to the noncat Morso 2b series or Jotul 602 v2, but nice to see more tiny stoves nonetheless.

It is a nice little one. An HHV efficiency of 78.5% is impressive. It's a bit below the Morso 2B's 80%, but well above the F602v2 at 70% and the Aspen C3's 75%. The firebox looks a little taller than the Morso and Jotul.

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 12.08.42 PM.png

It's interesting to note that the primary and secondary air is fed at the back, unlike the Morso and Jotul.

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 12.25.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Neat little stove. Wish they made it with a 1.5 cu ft firebox though.

Neat little stove. Wish they made it with a 1.5 cu ft firebox though.
The Tribute is the next size up, but that's an E/W loader.

It is a nice little one. An HHV efficiency of 78.5% is impressive. It's a bit below the Morso 2B's 80%, but well above the F602v2 at 70% and the Aspen C3's 75%. The firebox looks a little taller than the Morso and Jotul.

View attachment 313644

It's interesting to note that the primary and secondary air is fed at the back, unlike the Morso and Jotul.

View attachment 313645
Is there no airwash above the glass? In practice most of the combustion air for the 2b is coming in at the back through the baffle on the top of the firebox. The Hearthstone looks very similar to my cookstove with the air passing through a baffle at the rear without any tubes or baffles on the top.

Is there no airwash above the glass? In practice most of the combustion air for the 2b is coming in at the back through the baffle on the top of the firebox. The Hearthstone looks very similar to my cookstove with the air passing through a baffle at the rear without any tubes or baffles on the top.
Yes, there is airwash as part of the primary air system according to the EPA report.

No pricing yet but why would I chose it over the non cat 2b from a cost and performance perspective? ( anyone interested in seeing the 2b efficiency numbers on the new EPA test method? I am).

I get the smaller clearances are a big selling point but I’m not concerned with those.

Reactions: SpaceBus
No pricing yet but why would I chose it over the non cat 2b from a cost and performance perspective? ( anyone interested in seeing the 2b efficiency numbers on the new EPA test method? I am).

I get the smaller clearances are a big selling point but I’m not concerned with those.
If you had a small house you would be. However, the clearances aren't that much different between the 8060 and Morso 2b. I do think the soapstone would also buffer the heat output so that it would be more tolerable to be near it. I know my Morso is too hot to sit near when it's cranking out the heat.

The MSRP is $1999 vs $1859 for the slightly larger Aspen C3 or the attractive $1199 list price for the Drolet Nano.

Reactions: EbS-P
Manual states 16 hour burn time 20 hour heat life. Brochure states 9.5 hour heat life. Kind a confusing, can’t see a 1 cu ft firebox going over 10 hour burn time, 5-9 more likely imho

I would be surprised at more than a 4-6 hr burn in that small firebox and more likely 2-3 hrs when pushed for heat.

Reactions: EbS-P
Yeah I think Hearthstone tends to exaggerate their burn times and that extended heat life thing really doesn’t do anything because there’s not enough thermal mass. It is a handsome stove though. I was hoping Woodstock would come out with something like this instead of the steel survival stove. Not a fan of any of their steel stoves.

Reactions: tabner and SpaceBus
I don’t understand why these boneheaded engineers don’t make these little stove able to be rear vented. They’re ignoring a large demographic of potential customers.
That presents some special challenges, but I agree there is a need. It would be nice to see a short leg kit for it.

Reactions: TWilk117
Not sure I like that slide cat system. Looks like it goes straight under the stack. Good way to clog it with soot.

Not sure I like that slide cat system. Looks like it goes straight under the stack. Good way to clog it with soot.
And to have most of the heat generated from the cat go right up the flue.

Reactions: Todd
It’s clear from that design that the cat was added to meet emissions. If Jotul, morso, and VC can make a small cigar stove meet emissions without a cat they really wanted to be tax credit eligible.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I’d like to see those stack temps. Regency has a similar cat setup in some of their stoves.

There are definitely cat stoves that were made to do everything well with a catalyst and then there are noncats that were forced to scab in a catalyst to pass a test. You at least know that the second type will run just fine with a missing cat.

I had a hearthstone. The heat life marketing is BS. It’s a cool parlor trick that the stove feels warm a few hours after the fire dies but you pay for that with a very slow warm up. No free lunch.

Looks like a nice stove for a small little space. That would be great to cut less wood to meet the heating needs.

Saw it in a local shop the other day, nice looking little unit. I tried to slide the cat back and forth and it was jammed 😖! Wouldn’t budge. Metal cat with small cells looks like a poor design to me.

I’d like to see those stack temps. Regency has a similar cat setup in some of their stoves.
I ran the GM60 for two seasons, although the Cat doesn't slide like this new unit, it was situated right under the stack facing vertically. It seems counter intuitive, but I actually had consistently lower stack temps - during all phases of the burn - with the GM60 than I do now with a BK Ashford.
To be honest, unless you got a fire going good and then snuffed out the flame in the GM60, I don't think that cat really ever did anything. It never glowed, stack temps were low, the cat temp never spiked after engaged, etc. My theory is it has something to do with the velocity of the gasses traveling through the cat. I noticed the BK not only positions the Cat horizontal, they also put a little baffle behind the cat - I assume to slow down the flow of gasses through the cat for more complete combustion.
Anyways, point is, I'm not a fan of the positioning of those hearthstone cats. Seemed pretty unproductive to me.

Saw it in a local shop the other day, nice looking little unit. I tried to slide the cat back and forth and it was jammed 😖! Wouldn’t budge. Metal cat with small cells looks like a poor design to me.
I don't like this design. It's similar to the Regency 1500 and 2500 hybrids and a weak point, imo.