IPI VALVE QUESTION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Philthy

Dec 29, 2018
Wilmington, NC
My gas fireplace stopped lighting and I noticed that on the IPI Valve the "tab" that goes to the pilot light has broke off (see attachment). Am I able to solder this tab back on or do I have to buy a new one? If I have to buy a new one can I install it or should I hire someone to install it? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20181229_104002.jpg
    20181229_104002.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 148
I wouldn't use solder on it. You're gonna melt the plastic case. Try removing the two Phillips-head screws that hold it on the valve & see what the connection looks like. Maybe you can attach another tab with adhesive. If that doesn't work, your local hearth shop may have the component you need.

I wouldn't use solder on it. You're gonna melt the plastic case. Try removing the two Phillips-head screws that hold it on the valve & see what the connection looks like. Maybe you can attach another tab with adhesive. If that doesn't work, your local hearth shop may have the component you need.

You are right it is a plastic case and it broke right at the top of it- so it would melt. I will take it apart like you mentioned. Thank you.