IR vs. Stovetop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
There was an old thread dated back to 2013, some reported dead-on accuracies between both, some said IR is way off. In my experience, on the same spot, i.e. on left side corner next to the door, it's almost exactly the same. IR on the door is reading 600F, a good 250F higher than the side door while stove top is much much cooler (with the fan off and well equilibrated). Even though the manual (thanks, bholler!)'s older version mentioned measuring from stove top NMT 890F, I guess the door and nearby not being shielded by firestones, hence, the temperature is much higher than stovetop and door side.

No more than 840ºF.

Status
Not open for further replies.