Ironwood Moisture Content Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Pushed in some cherry today before the rain hits then decided to split this piece of ironwood (this was not covered) and check the moisture content, after checking it I put it down cellar and will check it again on Saturday.

I cut this in the summer, I think this was down and dead when I bucked it up.

Decided that I would check the ironwoods moisture content tonight and not wait until Saturday, looks like it's ready. Since putting this down cellar we had two good fires and one small fire with the humidity around 35-40 percent.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1721.jpg
    100_1721.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_1747.jpg
    100_1747.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 145
Interesting Zap. It is begging for more air!

Backwoods Savage said:
Interesting Zap. It is begging for more air!

It will be interesting next week when I take another reading what the moisture content is, this was holding down one of the tarps so it has seen alot of rain.

Sav here is my guess for the readings I'll take next Saturday.

The split reading 25% will be 20% and the split reading 30% will be 25%.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.