Is $1,900 way too much for insert install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeStaten

Sep 21, 2016
Somerset, New Jersey
Local place, which has a good reputation, is quoting me $1,900 to install an insert (VC Casting Montpelier) using a ~22' insulated stainless liner with no block off plate. I'm in NJ so everything is a ripoff but this seems like an awful lot. Thoughts?

Sounds about average for a peak-season install, especially if they are putting in a heavy-duty liner.

I m in Somerset county paid $1600, they wrapped and insulated a 25' vortex liner I bought.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What gauge liner, what length?

Is this Premier Fireflex? I'd prefer their heavy (.016) wall liner for that price.

we also need to know what the roof is like what is involved with getting the liner through the damper ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.