1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Is anyone familar with a fireplace insert stove made by West Bend?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Professor Chaos, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

Loc:
    East Tennessee
    Hello,

I need to buy a wood stove insert and have found a gentelman with an insert made by West Bend for sale. I have never heard of a West Bend and cannot find any information on any company called West Bend that made wood stoves. This stove has double cast iron doors (no glass) and a blower system, but appears to be pre-89 becuase it does not use a combustion cataylst. The fellow says he bought it in Florida. I live in TN and have owned and used Vestal fireplace inserts that were made here in East TN in the past for many years, but I left them in the houses I owned before when I sold them and now I have bought a house without an insert and have learned that Vestal is no longer building inserts. I was really happy with my Vestal inserts but need to find an alternative now. Anyway, any informatoin about a West Bend insert would be great help.

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!