Is anyone familar with a fireplace insert stove made by West Bend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Chaos

Jan 6, 2012
East Tennessee
Hello,

I need to buy a wood stove insert and have found a gentelman with an insert made by West Bend for sale. I have never heard of a West Bend and cannot find any information on any company called West Bend that made wood stoves. This stove has double cast iron doors (no glass) and a blower system, but appears to be pre-89 becuase it does not use a combustion cataylst. The fellow says he bought it in Florida. I live in TN and have owned and used Vestal fireplace inserts that were made here in East TN in the past for many years, but I left them in the houses I owned before when I sold them and now I have bought a house without an insert and have learned that Vestal is no longer building inserts. I was really happy with my Vestal inserts but need to find an alternative now. Anyway, any informatoin about a West Bend insert would be great help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.