Is Husqvarna AutoTune fairly solid at this point?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is my saw has this sticker because it's a newer saw than yours? (555 built in 2014). It's confusing though because in my manual they include pressing in the decomp valve in the hot start procedure. The manual was printed in 2011 so somewhere between then and now they decided 1, 3, 5, & 6 is the best way to start a hot autotune saw.

My 562XP was also built in 2014. My manual (revised 2011-10-26) also mentions pressing the decompression valve for starting a warm engine. Maybe they just use the sticker on the 555.

My 562XP was also built in 2014. My manual (revised 2011-10-26) also mentions pressing the decompression valve for starting a warm engine. Maybe they just use the sticker on the 555.
Not sure but the latest downloadable manual (2014-09) clearly states on pg. 20 not to push in the decomp valve on hot starts. The other downloadable manual (2011-10) says the opposite like in our printed version. Don't know why they'd send an old manual with a new saw that requires a different hot start procedure but that's what the did in our case.

Those playful Swedes!

Reactions: scooby074
Ran a few tanks of gas through the 555 today bucking up a tall 2' dia red oak tree and hot-started the saw over a dozen times. Usually I set high idle and push the air-purge bulb as instructed when hot-starting, but tried it with just setting high idle only. Started every time on the first pull. The only time I found it was necessary to use the air-purge bulb was after refueling the saw when it ran out of gas, and found it started on no more than three pulls after that. The saw just ate up that oak today. ::-)

My 555 didn't start hot once. Was cutting the base of a huge maple on a 90 degree day. Figured I had hit a temperature limit on the electronics. Set it in the shade for 30 min, then it fired right up. I always set the high rpm with the choke lever, never touch compression release.

Yeah well I've had a few hot start issues with my 555. Only when it's crazy hot out and cutting super dry snags. (Like when the bar oil is bubbling)

From what I have read / researched, there's a check valve inside the carb that jams. This drains fuel back to the tank. Sometimes the carb runs real dry, cannot even get fuel in the prime bulb.

2011/12 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.