1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is it ok to run two pieces of adjustable pipe in a run.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by bsa0021, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsa0021

bsa0021 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ohio
    Iam redoing my stove pipe using Security Secure-Temp double wall pipe (matches the class A). From the ceiling box down I need a 45, 18" straight, 45, 30" straight and stove adapter. They don't make a 18" or 30" straight so I want to use a 12" straight and 3-9" adjustable for the 18" run and a 24" straight with another 3-9" adjustable straight then the stove adapter. This going into a nc13. Is it ok to use two adjustable pipes? Just want to make sure before I order.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I see absolutely no reason why not!
  3. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Use as many as you like...they're all rated for use in the flue from stove to the transition to Class A chimney. Once you get it assembled just the way you want it, it's a real good idea to put three screws in those adjustable sections where they end up overlapping, just as you do in all the other piping connections. Rick
  4. PA Fire Bug

PA Fire Bug Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Blair County, PA
    I had to use two curved pipes back to back to get the right angle after replacing my Vermont Castings coal stove with a Pacific Energy wood stove. I was worried abut poor draft or smoke pouring out around the seems. I've fired the stove several times and haven't had any problems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.