1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Is it possible to chart pellet prices?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Glenalmond, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenalmond

Glenalmond Member

Loc:
    Boston MA
    Reading all the posts on pellet prices reminds me a lot of commodity pricing and the swings you see in that area. I know there is no central reporting authority for pricing on pellets. However I sure would be interested 1 year from now to see a chart of pellet prices broken down by region and on a monthly timeline. Based on nothing else but the opinions I have seen on these boards and the way commodities surge in demand I think we will see that the price of pellets will drop precipitously as excess inventory is not eaten up by demand. This could happen in the early part of 09. Still would be a good business case to read about.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    You are hired, my friend.

Eric
  3. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    This would be great, but very difficult to do effectively. Prices for me have been relatively stable from 2005 to present because I order different brands from different dealers at different times of the year...all done with teh objective of getting the very best price.

A company like pelletsales.com probably has a solid body of data where they could put together a decent line graph showing average price per ton over the last couple of years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.