1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is my fireplace big enough for the 55-TRPEPI?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by moonsalt, Dec 27, 2012.

1. moonsalt

moonsalt New Member

Hello everyone

I want to purchase the 55-TRPEPI at this site, http://www.amfmenergy.com/55trpepi--epa-certified-pellet-insert--2000552000.html, but I am unsure of it being able to fit based on the owners manual. It is kind of vague.

My fireplace measures 34 inches front width and the manual says minimum 36 inches. However, based on the diagram in the owners manual I am unsure if that means total fireplace width or if they are referring to just the firebox.

I find it really hard to believe my fireplace, which is big and old would not be big enough for this model.

Any insight? Thanks guys.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    No insight...But the manual shows a minimum opening of 36", so I would look for a different stove. Just my opinion, welcome to the site and good luck!
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Look at Page 6. The width of the insert is only 26" Wide X 20" Tall X 26" Deep.

But... its only 21.375" wide inside fireplace X 20" tall X 10" deep inside fireplace

the "Surround" is what seems to be 36".

Contact Mike Holton at Englander. He is there Senior tech and a member here on the Forum (stoveguy2esw is his Screen name here) He will be able to tell you for sure.
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

Read the text box to the right of the diagram "Minimum Fireplace Dimensions" P.6.

It states that the "minimum" dimensions are for "general reference only".
  5. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    I stand corrected...It appears the minimum (that's correct, they give a MINIMUM dimension) dimensions mean nothing!!

This is the dumbest thing I have read in an owners manual:

The minimum fireplace dimensions
    listed may not apply to your specific
    installation and are for general
    reference only. Use the unit
    dimensions, along with practical
    knowledge of how an insert fits into a
    fireplace and connects to the chimney
    system, to precisely determine if this
    insert will work in your fireplace.
  6. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    biggest question would be if there was room for the circuit board to fit as its mounted on the surround to the right of the stove body. will have to check that based on your measurement. if the board is not "inside" of the fireplace the surround would not be able to be flushed against the face