Is our 1994 Austroflamm Integra running efficiently?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob, what would cause the convection fan speed to hunt? I have a rise and fall on fan speed while running, and I wonder if it could be a/c line voltage oscillation, or something else.
All the old ones do it(to my knowledge),some worse than others.But,if you pay attention,I believe you will find the combustion blower does it in sync also.I do not know the answer,but have some ideas.A dirty or going bad combustion trim pot could do it,a dirty or going bad main pot could do it,I have cleaned my air flow sensor and made it different.My board died this year and I replaced the triac and capacitors,and this is the least my stove has done it.I had heard the newer eproms addressed this problem,have talked to 3 places that sell them,and they don't have a clue.I am going to purchase the latest eprom and try,but money is tight and stove is running like a top,might be next year.o here right now,but no wind.I also suspect a newer air flow sensor may address this problem.As mine is in basement,and if the in floor fan is on,I cannot hear it anyway.If it bothered me much,I would do voltage tests while running to diagnos.

Likewise, it's not bad enough to worry about, but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

After doing some checking,the parts suppliers say replace the board if convection blower surges.Have been playing with mine since last post,and seems most noticable at very low setting,currently running mine halfway between first and second mark,what i call .5.As mine has done this since new,not sure I believe them.But I will say it has gotten worse over the years,until I fixed my board,now back to normal as when new/almost new.Maybe this weekend I will do some tests,depending on the weather.

There was another post a while back asking if the fans were changing speeds and I said mine didn't do this, I spoke too soon.
During this cold snap of below zero temps, I have noticed that both my fans have been doing this so much so I go from a very active "short" flame to a tall active flame the amount of heat is varying depending on height of flame short equals hotter temps tall flame is definitley not as hot.
My stove is clean having done a complete breakdown of fans, tubes, combustion chamber etc. (I am getting quicker at it too!!)
Until this point it has run pretty consistently. I could adjust the trim pot, but now I am thinking air sensor. I did pull it out on last cleaning, it looks as though some of the "venier" (for the want of a better term) has degraded and either pulled away or is missing altogether in some spots.
This probably is the problem right??

There was another post a while back asking if the fans were changing speeds and I said mine didn't do this, I spoke too soon.
During this cold snap of below zero temps, I have noticed that both my fans have been doing this so much so I go from a very active "short" flame to a tall active flame the amount of heat is varying depending on height of flame short equals hotter temps tall flame is definitley not as hot.
My stove is clean having done a complete breakdown of fans, tubes, combustion chamber etc. (I am getting quicker at it too!!)
Until this point it has run pretty consistently. I could adjust the trim pot, but now I am thinking air sensor. I did pull it out on last cleaning, it looks as though some of the "venier" (for the want of a better term) has degraded and either pulled away or is missing altogether in some spots.
This probably is the problem right??
Post a picture.There is a integra problem solving/diagnosis sheet floating on the net,can be seen at some of the parts suppliers sites,that says "if blower is surging,replace board(mother).Do not know who wrote it,do not really believe it will fix all problems.Yours is really surging,never seen one that bad.Would spray (electronics cleaner) the sensor and the complete control board,make sure no plugging in exhaust,make sure no air leaks,unplug and plug all circuit board connectors(and spray),unplug stove for at least 1/2 hour.If none of this fixes it,time to buy parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.