Is the NC30 still available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cre73

Hearth Supporter
Sep 2, 2008
Central Illinois
Our NC30 is going on 12 years old and I am considering replacing it. It is getting long in the tooth in my opinion. Posted about an issue last year regarding possibly having a crack somewhere and performance has been the same this year. So I started searching this morning and either my google fuu is failing me or I cannot find it. I am sure I will not find it again for $500 but I can always hope.

Thanks for the reply, that is the stove I stumbled upon while searching. Unfortunately I do not believe it is an option as my wife hates the base and says we have to have legs. So my search continues. Hoping I can find something with the same footprint and flue configuration as the NC30 as everything was installed for it. Clearances, flue placement, pad size ect.

Thanks for the reply, that is the stove I stumbled upon while searching. Unfortunately I do not believe it is an option as my wife hates the base and says we have to have legs. So my search continues. Hoping I can find something with the same footprint and flue configuration as the NC30 as everything was installed for it. Clearances, flue placement, pad size ect.
Your not the first to express displeasure with the No leg option. Englander must have its reasons? I am a leg guy as well!

The Drolet Legend III has a big belly and legs.

The Drolet Legend III has a big belly and legs.

Looks nice but the door handle is on the wrong side!!!!;)

Guess I would get matching scars on my other arm.

Reactions: NickW

I haven’t noticed that before. The HT2000 and my austral II both have the latch on the other side. I wonder why they changed it on the new models?

Unless you want to find somebody’s used nc30. They made and sold bajillions of these things and most folks just have a stove for looks. Mine is like 8 years old and I just can’t see how it has worn out for you.

Unless you want to find somebody’s used nc30. They made and sold bajillions of these things and most folks just have a stove for looks. Mine is like 8 years old and I just can’t see how it has worn out for you.

I would assume that its a tube stove with a baffle on top. may a replacement of those items. I know the body is steel so if there is a crack or broken weld, thats an easy fix.

Paint job is super easy and cheap if that’s the issue. Even just the top.

Here is a copy and paste of my issue I posted last year.

"For the last couple years our NC30 has not been burning quite right. The biggest thing I see is the blow torch affect from the doghouse no longer takes place. I have replaced the door seal twice , cleaned the chimney multiple times, verified air flow to all areas with a compressed air tank, completed god knows how many dollar bill tests. Fires seem to take a little longer to get going. The only good aspect of this is we seem to be using less wood.

I am pretty confident with our wood now that I am about 3 years ahead. No sizzle or moisture coming out the ends. Glass is staying clean. Chimney only has light powder in it.

So is there any common place that these have cracked or how would you go about finding a crack. If that is a possibilty. Thanks!"

The doghouse is removeable with 2 self tapping screws. You can take it off for inspection. You have an air compressor so you can blow air down the hole to see if it's plugged. It wouldn't be too hard to check for a crack using compressed air or even a hair dryer. There's 4 holes total that let air into the box. Primary, secondary and 2 doghouse holes in the front under the legs.

Our stove is hinged on the right too. It's never bothered me. I get about one scar a year, but usually from the top of the door opening as I try to squeeze in a filler piece after a top-down start.

Our NC30 is going on 12 years old and I am considering replacing it. It is getting long in the tooth in my opinion. Posted about an issue last year regarding possibly having a crack somewhere and performance has been the same this year. So I started searching this morning and either my google fuu is failing me or I cannot find it. I am sure I will not find it again for $500 but I can always hope.

Reactions: NickW and moresnow