Is the quad 5100i...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

wag218r

Dec 11, 2013
Macungie, PA
Hello. I'm new to the forum but have already found a load a good info. I've been researching a whole lot about finally converting my useless masonry fireplace into something worth while by stuffing a wood insert into it. I've read hours n hours worth of specs and reviews on inserts and have narrowed down to a couple. I have a 2 story colonial withOUT a very open concept and about 1000 sq ft per floor. I'm looking for a large firebox for long burn times. Many of the inserts with large boxes will not fit in my fireplace. One unit I fell in love with at the dealer today that WILL fit is the quadrafire 5100i. I really like the stove and the fact that its got a 3cu ft firebox yet will easily fit has my attention. I might actually try to swallow the extra $1000 in the price tag over what I originally wanted to spend. The other stove Im considering is the osburn 2400i, but I'm almost convinced it won't fit. I have yet to see one in person. I live in eastern pa and intend to burn wood as much as possible to save propane in my forced air system. But my biggest concern is the size of the stove. Is this thing gonna blow me out of the house when its ran hot enough to be efficient? We don't spend much time in the room the stove will be in but like I said.. its not a very open concept "center hall" colonial from '86 with OK (could be better but OK) insulation. I intend on cutting a vent in the ceiling of the stove room which will open up in a central location of the 2nd floor. The staircase to upstairs is also right outside of the one and only entrance of the stove room. So heat should travel upstairs. The house is out in the open and gets hit with a decent amount of wind. Temps here average 20-30s in the winter with teens and single digits here and there. I just don't want to get an insert that's too big or too small. Any input on stoves this size heating 2000 sq ft is greatly appreciated. Any questions on other variables I'll be glad to answer. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.