Is there a Hamers problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger:
You are only 30 miles from 50 Orchard Rd. Glen Burnie Phone 410 636 9663.
They have Greenway Pellets, and you can not go wrong with them.
Luck

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind (I had started out on this forum asking "where to buy pellets", some kind of map showing all the dealers would be such a cool thing). If they did not offer delivery, it would be four round trips for me, 1000LB at a time. 240 miles, ugh! Let's hope my "current supplier' come through.

Hey Ed nice sail boat. What is that a 40 footer on the Chesapeake bay? Almost looked like you had the main reefed but I think its just the angle of the shot. You got a pellet stove on that boat ? :cool:
I had a 30FT O'Day c/b. I think that is a forty Footer. Just a picture of one on the web site, I used.
Just a reminder, before back surgery, and the rail slipped below the green.
Thanks

OK, I feel better now. Dealer got his shipment in and my delivery is scheduled.

I don't think there is a pellet shortage. Its just a mad rush to get them. No one wants to be left out or without.

Think of batteries just before a major storm. ;)

Come winter when the mills scale back and fiber sources dwindle is when you will see the shortages.

Reactions: Peterfield
OK, the pallets showed up yesterday, 2-1/2 months after what was supposed to be an "early-bird" order was placed. I got the first 30 bags into the basement before it got dark.

Hey, until mentioned on this forum, I did not know there was more than one kind of Hamers, Premium and Ultra-Premium. What's the difference? These are marked Ultra-Premium on the bags.

Difference would be ash content. You've got the better ones. Best pellet I've ever burned. Have not seen the leaser ones but there were reports of them last season at Lowes.

Difference would be ash content. You've got the better ones. Best pellet I've ever burned.

Thanks for the response -- so far, I had not been worried about ash content, I only got the stove in February and only got to burn 25 or so bags. And as a convert from firewood, this technology seems so much cleaner that the difference between, say 1% and 0.5% does not scare me. Make a note to remind me of this and laugh next April.

I had 6 tons dropped in the driveway @ 265 a ton from valley mason supply in vernon nj, last week, He said there would be a price increase end of september

hey Bob,

I have a feeling you live in lake wallkill.... Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.