Is this a jøtul 118?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeccaR

Nov 30, 2016
East Greenville, PA
Hello and thank you all in advance for your time and assistance. I was hoping someone could tell me what type of stove this is and an approximate. value.

I believe it to be a jøtul 118 missing it's legs. It was in our 1927 home when we bought it 10 years ago and was sitting on top of two large asbestos bricks until we removed it last week. It was a bit scruffy on the outside so a few years back I painted it with black cast iron paint; it could use a new coat. We used it a few years before it no longer became practical for us with 3 little ones running around.

I plan on selling it and was looking for help with that, thank you so much for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_4271.JPG
    IMG_4271.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4272.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 235
Yes, that's a Jotul 118. Typical price is around $400 to $800 depending on condition. That is with the legs. If the firebox is in great condition and no warping or cracking of the burn plates or baffle then that helps the value a lot. The enameled versions in excellent shape can go for $1000 to $1200 in the right market at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.