1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is this a VC 2040 or 2550?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by KenR, Jan 9, 2013.

1. KenR

KenR New Member

I had previously posted about replacing the damper on VC Encore 2040 but in looking at the parts lists I am not sure if this is a 2040 or 2550? The ID plate is missing off of the back although we know this stove is about 6 1/2 years old. The damper and part around it are badly warped.

Can anyone tell from these photos what model this is? If not I can snap some other angles. Thanks.

K

IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0125.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tom dee

tom dee Member

Loc:
    Central North Carolina, Progress Hybrid
    wow that looks really beat is it worth it to do so is the cast iron still ok after heating like that??
  3. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    The 2550 is the cat stove. That is the non-cat stove, I believe. That would make it the 2040.

And that is someone that ran the stove with the damper open and the air controls open often and for too long. Lots of VC owners did this as they either didn't know how to run the stove properly or were trying to avoid the maintenance costs.
  4. Gark

Gark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Michigan
    That is not a 2550. There is no throat hood just under the bottom of your (fried) damper housing. Holy smokes!