Is This Saw Worth Anything?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
blades said:
David Bradley = Sears more like 50's or 60's vintage. All the DB saws I have seen have been gear driven, those brutes do not stop. There is a restaurant up north that has vintage DB units on display. Quite a collection including 2 man units. A few years back I had a customer bring one in, 48" bar that he wanted to know if I could do anything with it. I got it running well and sharpened the chain, played with it a tad. Man that thing was heavy. Sure wasn't going to win any speed contest though.
I bought my craftsman saw which was a David Bradley in 1977, it was just a run of the mill saw, at the time I wanted to know who made it so all the info pointed to David Bradley and by the way it was a piece of crap.

I think most of everthing made in 1977 was crap...

David Bradley Co. 1910-1966, company sold several times after that brand name carried on by Sears on other mfg saws. So by 1977 it was not a true DB unit

blades said:
David Bradley Co. 1910-1966, company sold several times after that brand name carried on by Sears on other mfg saws. So by 1977 it was not a true DB unit
10-4, been so long ago not even sure where I got the info from, CDI went out of it and sears could not get me the right one so I sold it back to them which pissed off the store manager.

smokinjay said:
I think most of everything made in 1977 was crap...
Jay, I was born in '77... what are you saying man??? (actually, since I was born in September, there is a good chance I was MADE in late 76, but I am NOT going to verify that one with anybody...)

Status
Not open for further replies.