Is this the back plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are taking about a block off plate,and no that is not it.You have to make
one out of a piece of sheet metal.

I am a newbie, well not even a newbie b/c I don't own a stove yet, so you are probably right budman :( I so hope they install it with one, I don't like reading about losing all the heat up the chimney. What can I do to ensure that they do?

Most installers will not put one in unless you damned one.

Or even demand one.............. ;) Budman had a few too many buds ;)

Thanks guys, I will definitely call today and make sure that they know what I want! For the amount of money I am spending they should be on there knees! And, I am demanding a block plate that sits where the flu is?

Hogwildz said:
Hey Hog,was that you peeking in my window last night. :coolsmirk:

budman said:
Hogwildz said:

How me???????? I wouldn't do such a thing ;)
Hmmm wonder if it as buds, or Bud? :)

Drayu said:
Back on track! Help the NEWB! :red:
Drayu, your installer will most likely try and not put a block off plate in. It will cost extra, but make sure they PUT A BLOCK OFF PLATE IN!!!!!!!
Worse comes to worse DIY if your ok with that. If not find an installer that will. ANd NO, insulations stuffed up where a block off plate should be will not due.

Hogwildz said:
budman said:
Hogwildz said:

How me???????? I wouldn't do such a thing ;)
Hmmm wonder if it as buds, or Bud? :)
Gee,I don't know,It might have been both. :roll:

Drayu said:
Hello all again,

I am having my wood insert installed on Tuesday and after much reading here, I have been trying to figure out if they are going to install a back plate. This is the liner they are going to use, is that the back plate at the bottom of the liner? (use link) http://www.blackswanhome.com/product/6-x-25-liner-kit

Thank you for any help and advice you can offer!

check this out
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/making_a_block_off_plate/
and here is mine being installed to give you an idea
so the answer to your question is no thats not a block off plate but MAKE SURE YOU GET when they do your install
good luck and post pics!!!!

Attachments

• flue pics 017.jpg
    flue pics 017.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 215
  • flue pics 023.jpg
    flue pics 023.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 223
Drayu said:
Thanks iceman! Very helpful! Another quick question, can I use sheet metal from home depot? or should I look for something else?

The galvanized from home depot is what most of us used. It will work just fine.

Drayu said:
Thanks iceman! Very helpful! Another quick question, can I use sheet metal from home depot? or should I look for something else?

i didn't get mine from there because it was 30 gauge and someone around here said 26 or lower mine was 22 from a sheet metal company

30, 26, 22, Any of these are fine. Your making a block off plate, its not supporting anything, your not making the Taj Mahal. Just make sure you get one in there,

Status
Not open for further replies.