Is this what I think It is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Newton

Burning Hunk
Apr 4, 2012
Beavercreek, Ohio
Came across a really nice, free scrounge. 06052013 005.jpg06052013 001.jpg06052013 002.jpg06052013 003.jpg06052013 004.jpg free scrounge. Is this what I hope it is?

You bet your ash it is ^5s ;)

Reactions: ScotO
If you thought it was ash,
Yes :)

Yep, all ash - Sawweet! Cheers!

Ash-Ash baby...

Reactions: blujacket and ScotO
Is it what you thought? Depends upon what you thought you had for sure. But as others have said, it is all wonderful ash. Looks like it was a good sized tree too and that works nice because you get more wood in less time. Splits super too.

You have a nice ash! ;)

Reactions: WeldrDave and ScotO
Nice score!! Seems like there is a lot of wood around us if you look hard enough. How'd you find that Mitch?

Mitch, it's definitely ash. And some damm nice ash, too! Those big rounds will make some nice splits.....split those nice and square and use them for cribbing the ends of your stacks.....

Nothing wrong at all with ash, probably the best all-around firewood the Good Lord ever created!!

Nice score!! Seems like there is a lot of wood around us if you look hard enough. How'd you find that Mitch?

TriLifter, I pulled into work one day and it was right behind the parking lot. The lady said I could have all I want especially the big pieces. It's nice that I can pull my 16' trailer right up to it and just roll it up. The pictures don't really do justice to the pile. There is probably a 100' long stack of this stuff. I am an appraiser so I am always out driving around and as you said it's everywhere for free. You just have to ask. I am really getting backed up on splitting now. Lots of rounds just laying around. I can be kind of picky now. If it's not real easy to get to I just pass on it.

That is awesome!! Good find!

Thats ash and a great score. That light green moss is usually a good way to tell also.

Status
Not open for further replies.