It Has finally Happend. YEAH!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
So this AM I went down to the basement to grab a bag of fuel. Noticed I was down to 2 Bags of leftover TSC Bagged MWP's from Last year.

Gave the big <Sigh> and figured I'd better get some stove feed stock into the house.

Made a few calls and found out TSC near me had Pure Fires or North Americans for $259.00 / ton.
I just finished up a ton of the North Americans and would like something a bit hotter for February.

I asked about the Pine Equine Bedding Pellets they have on Sale for $5.00 and sure enough they had them.
But, not being a heating fuel they are subject to Mass sales Tax..works out to $5.31 a bag. So $265.00 a ton

I then called Home Depot (across the street from my TSC) and they had 2 tons of Stove chow available at $249.00 a ton.

So I made the trip to the Depot and scored a ton of the Chows.

On the way out of the Parking Lot I said "What the Hell" and went over to TSC and grabbed 10 Bags of the Pine Bedding Pellets to try out.

So while that is good news and I now have enough stash to carry me until Mid March .......

The Really Happy News is that My 11 Yr old helped me unload the 60 bags.

He is finally big enough to carry a bag himself. He hauled in probably 15 bags carrying them from the bed of the truck, down the stairs, all the way across the basement, and onto one of the stacking pallets I keep in my laundry room.

And get this.......

He didn't whine once! _g :)

Woo Hoo ! Happy Day. ;ex

----Nailer----

That`s a great age to help dad with projects. Between 10 and15 before the girls take over

Good find on the pellets

Good for him. Start him early, soon he'll be unloading a ton !! I've got 2 tons of Pure Fire using now.. Try the Pine Bedding pellets and report back..They were good for me..

This is a good deal.

My grand kids are just a tad too young to help with the shell runs, but on occasion the 8 year old will help screen a bucket full down in the basement.

We are due for a run here real soon.

Weather is looking good mid week, so will likely load up the trailer behind the Burb and head over and get a load.

My son has been my Sherpa for several years. He's married now but we were just stacking pellet bags the other day. We both bought pellet stoves last fall and share knowledge and trade pellet brands to see what works and doesn't. Always told me when he was younger he promised he'd never leave me and would always be there to fish with me. Then he met Brooke.............now his wife but I still see him some.

no kids here but the wife whines constantly when i ask her to help move a few bags from the garage to the house. It's not even a lot, just bring in 10 -14 bags a week. I hand truck them over to the porch, put them on the porch and she gets the ball rolling by bringing them in.

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.