It Lives

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olmec

Burning Hunk
Oct 31, 2014
NH
1755891ab093c587288a873f9260c777.jpg

Aside from my poor choice in buying home depot piping (leaks everywhere), so far so good. Not use to the glass staying clean #englanderplroblems

Reactions: bogieb
Just wrap all the pipe in high temp silicone tape and there won't be any more leaks :)

looks like your covering that nice brick behind the stove...why?

looks like your covering that nice brick behind the stove...why?
Love hate relationship with that brick haha. I might not cover it completely but wanted something to run wiring and outlets through. Might get crafty with it. I like the brick but my better half doesn't [emoji6]

Haha I'll need silicone in a spray gun to fix these. It's mostly the T that's leaking.

I wrap any T's/elbows and cleanouts with tape. Those have a nasty habit of leaking (at least for me), so I just do it as a matter of course. A nurse or veterinarian would probably make it look better, but mine don't leak, and are out of sight behind the stove, so I'm good with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.