Italian Stove in Virginia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Check Craig’s list and other sites, usually see Harman stoves at a decent price if you don’t mind used

I purposely don't bring politics into any of my comments but, I believe we are about to slide into a very serious recession so prices on whole goods will become very negotiable to those with the money to spend. Whole goods include items like boimass stoves and automobiles as well as housing.

We just don't have a ton of selection or inventory here in Virginia. I think I can be patient and wait to see what happens since most stoves are weeks away anyways on delivery and like SidecarFlip said the season is half over. So I may wait until summer when I visit family in PA to check out some of those stove shops up there since they seem to have much more inventory. Will likely buy from dealer here but would like to place eyes on some of them.

Keep in mind that ancillary parts like venting are very expensive to boot. Just the venting for my installation was bumping a thousand bucks.

Just make sure if you wait, they will still have them. I had wanted to do some work on the pipe at my old house. During the summer, stove is down, nice weather. Would be ideal, right? Except all heating related parts were not available because it was off season.

I paid something like $250 for my venting. Standard Duravent kit, added a 45 and an extra straight for height. Also had a coupon for about $50 off.

I get almost all my venting from venting pipe.com Always in stock and I don't ever buy short sections, always the longest sections I can fit. This last summer I replaced my outside 3-4" cleanout Tee and cap and was perusing the net and found out Home Despoit carries venting online (Selkirk and Simpson both) and order the Tee from them in August with free shipping and had it in a week. Venting Pipe don't do free ship so that was a plus. Corn takes it's toll on venting. The nitric acid vapor eats it up eventually. One thing I do to insure it will come apart is, I coat all the interlocking parts with Never Seize before I put them together so they will come apart.

Focked Over Rebuilt Dodge............. :p Keeping it PG13 as always.....