It's Like Christmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
Thursday and Friday I got deliveries of the ash vac and UPS for my stove (2 UPS's, one for each stove)

Already used the vac, and just set up the Harman with the UPS. Going to shut down the St. Croix later this weekend and hook it to the UPS.

VacandUPS_zps3e48a123.jpg

And this shows why I really needed an ash vac instead of using my shop vac!

AshVac-ShopVac_zpsa16d4d80.jpg

Yes, it is a dinky shop vac, but it has served me well with cleaning up after sheetrocking and use on my pellet stoves. Plus, it was free as a Christmas gift from where I worked a couple of years ago (it was a blind pick of packages/envelopes).

And I got this off of Craig's list about 10 days ago for $75 - used 3 times

LeafBlower_zps2f6af87a.jpg

Merry Christmas to me!

Well, if I'm not home, I won't care. If I am home, then it gives me time to get the Hastings shut down properly (the one with a horizontal run) and allows the Harman to shut itself down gracefully (which it probably doesn't need, but what the heck). Then once everything is done with it's power down, I can shut the UPS off.

That is true. Personally im hoping the 13ft of vertical rise makes enough draft to clear the smoke

I would think that would be enough. I figure the Harman has 6' of rise and that should be enough, but I know for a fact the St. Croix will belch smoke a couple of time during a power failure (only a little smoke, so not too bad)

Don't need no stink'in UPS here. Have a 17KW standby genset. 45 seconds after power goes south, I'm online again and the stove is humming along..

UPS for me delivers packages....lol

Reactions: Peterfield
I would think that would be enough. I figure the Harman has 6' of rise and that should be enough, but I know for a fact the St. Croix will belch smoke a couple of time during a power failure (only a little smoke, so not too bad)
Just unplug the stove when it's running and watch and see how well it drafts and then you will know what's gonna happen if you not home

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.