1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

It's official

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by TimJ, Mar 2, 2013.

1. TimJ

TimJ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast Indiana
    Got my membershp to "The Get It Before It Rots Club" in the mail this week. I had to meet a lot of strict criteria in order for me to obtain this, and I have to do a lot to retain the membership. One thing I have to do is get all my downed trees up and bucked and then I have to stay at it so that nothing rots or else the membership will be forfeited. This winter I have more than met the goal and I am now working on more. Pictured below are two shagbark hickories that I got up off the ground today. If I would not have found this site they would more than likely still be laying there. They would have rotted.

Attached Files:

MasterMech, ScotO, andybaker and 4 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. andybaker

andybaker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest OH
    Hickory burns so well. But I am amazed at how fast it will rot if left on the ground. I have one I can have that blew over but I have no room for it and really don't need it now so I'm leaving it where it is because it is still about 4 ft off the ground and should last quite awhile that way. I'll get the other wood on the ground first like your doing.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. ohlongarm

ohlongarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    They gave you a second membership after they revoked your first one;?
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    "Pictured below are two shagbark hickories that I got up off the ground today. If I would not have found this site they would more than likely still be laying there. They would have rotted."

That would have been sacrilege, and caused a massive rift in the fabric of our wood burning world.
    You've done well, young Jedi wood burner.
    Or, something like that.
    Nice haul. Go gibir.:cool:
    gyrfalcon likes this.
  5. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Kind of looks like you got it just in time. Darker color looks like it was getting punky.
    Maybe not, good haul there.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

to the tune of "Bingo was his name-o"......G-I-B-I-R, G-I-B-I-R, G-I-B-I-R, and stack it fer yer FI-AR.......::-)
    TimJ likes this.