It's the time of year to show your wood pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello All

If the Wood Shed Forum can show their Wood Piles >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/58374/

Then we can show who has more BTUs on all of our Pellet Pallets!!

I did more research and found:
1 Ton of Pellets are equal to approx 1.5 cords of wood!

From web site >> http://www.space-heater-reviews.com/a/wood-pellet-stoves.shtml
In fact according to Jamie's notes a ton of pellets is roughly equivalent to about 1.5 cords of wood. To see what that means to you, take the cost of a cord and a half of wood and stack that up (no pun intended) against the price of a ton of pellets. I suspect you'll find pellets come out on top.

The heavy duty pallats were used in delivering printing presses so the 1.5 tons will hold up!

Below are my 3 tons! 1.5 in the garage and 1.5 in the basement! All are Logik-e brand

NOW SHOW US YOURS!!

Attachments

• 1.5TonInGarageScaled.jpg
    1.5TonInGarageScaled.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 1.5TonInBasementScaled.jpg
    1.5TonInBasementScaled.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,413
  • WPLogik-eScaled.jpg
    WPLogik-eScaled.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,365
Here ya go....7 tons. Barefoots, Rockies, and Premier softwood (plus a few bags each of Cubex, Okies, Spruce Pointe and the original Lignetics hardwood) in the basement. Cleanfires in the outdoor shed "on reserve".

Attachments

• Pellets:basement.jpg
    Pellets:basement.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,389
  • CleanFire:shed.jpg
    CleanFire:shed.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,380
I prefer pellets that have a little extra flavor...

Attachments

• jack daniels pelletrs.jpg
    jack daniels pelletrs.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,348
imacman said:
Here ya go....7 tons. Barefoots, Rockies, and Premier softwood (plus a few bags each of Cubex, Okies, Spruce Pointe and the original Lignetics hardwood) in the basement, and Cleanfires in the outdoor shed "on reserve".

Hey imacman, always wanted to see the outside setup you talk about. Looks like little cozies made just for pellet.....perfect !!!!!!!

4 tons of "Okies" and 1/4 ton Maine Choice ready to go!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Aug2010a.jpg
    Aug2010a.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,261
Don2222 said:
Hello All

Then we can show who has more BTUs on all of our Pellet Pallets!! 1 Ton of Pellets are equal to approx 3 cords of wood!

NOW SHOW US YOURS!!

Not to rain on this feel good thread but I thought a ton of pellets was equal to something closer to 1.5 cords of wood...

so if 1` ton equals 3 cords
I have 66 cords of wood in storage
will add my pic shortly
22 tons of somersets safe and dry inside

mascoma said:
Don2222 said:
Hello All

Then we can show who has more BTUs on all of our Pellet Pallets!! 1 Ton of Pellets are equal to approx 3 cords of wood!

NOW SHOW US YOURS!!

Not to rain on this feel good thread but I thought a ton of pellets was equal to something closer to 1.5 cords of wood...
havent done the math & it would depend on the wood but even 1.5 cord sounds high for hardwood cord.

mascoma said:
Don2222 said:
Hello All

NOW SHOW US YOURS!!

Wonder if this is a reference to the ever popular, but totally meaningless, "FACE CORD"? How much wood is in a face cord if ya cut yer wood 1" long?

I'm stacked for several winters.

Attachments

• P8050261.jpg
    P8050261.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,189
  • P8050266.jpg
    P8050266.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,184
Somebody needs to go shopping :(

left overs from last year. about 6 bags of hammer's.

Attachments

• PICT1103.jpg
    PICT1103.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,143
briansol said:
Somebody needs to go shopping :(

left overs from last year. about 6 bags of hammer's.

Better hurry, I just notice BT Ent. has raised there prices $5 to $10/ton. I an sure the others will follow suite!

yeah i know. i wanted to go earlier thsi week but forgot they don't take cards. payday is today, so i have cash. might go in the morning for a ton.

5 ton MWP and 27 bags Maine Choice leftovers

Attachments

• P1040719.jpg
    P1040719.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,136
I note a distinct lack of artistic license with the pellet storage people. Why has no one constructed any furniture, or some intersting design (like a helix)?

Delta-T said:
I note a distinct lack of artistic license with the pellet storage people. Why has no one constructed any furniture, or some intersting design (like a helix)?
pburner is lazier than a wburner

Delta-T said:

It's about maximum product in minimum space

3 Tons of Okies, looking for 2-3 tons more

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,093
hossthehermit said:
BLIMP said:
hossthehermit said:
how does that area smell?

Way better than last year when I had a ton of Corinth mixed in

Uh, I think Blimp liked the corinth. Still waiting for my local to get the MWP in.

j-takeman said:
hossthehermit said:
BLIMP said:
hossthehermit said:
how does that area smell?

Way better than last year when I had a ton of Corinth mixed in

Uh, I think Blimp liked the corinth. Still waiting for my local to get the MWP in.

He may have. I didn't.

I have 4 tons mixed.

Cubex√
Turmans√
Hamers√
Rockies
Okies
Lignetics
Premiers (leftovers)
Omalleys (leftovers)
Warm Fronts
Alleganey
Cleanfire

Hoping to purchase 2 more tons for a full 2 years supply at these prices! Not sure what brand yet.

√=Full ton purchased

Attachments

• cubex.jpg
    cubex.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,105
  • hamers.jpg
    hamers.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,098
  • turmans.jpg
    turmans.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,120
Just waiting to be put away.
Was 42 this AM but still 70 in the house.
Fired the stove up just to make sure there were no bees etc in the pipes.
Will do final checkout/cleaning shortly.
I think we started burning mid October the last 2 years.

Attachments

• Pellets 2010.jpg
    Pellets 2010.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 993
Status
Not open for further replies.